Omron PLCs

If you ask a question about Omron here, you'll get answers, quite often from the same people that answer on the other sites. Don't assume that you're going to get better information about Omron products from a site sponsored by Omron.

MrPLC does not "favor" any one PLC vendor. It's main purpose was to to gather and share source code from engineers to engineers if they want and provide downloads or whatever media suits people most to get help and answers much like this forum board. Hopefully the information that can be downloaded helps people.

chakorules,
you are right, but how do you come to the notion that i wrote that mrPLC favors OMRON :confused:

edit: Oh, now I see. Your post pertains to Steve Baileys posting. Sorry :)

Last edited:
I totally agree. mrplc.com does not favour any brand and the downloads there are most helpful on all the major brands. Yes, many of the visitors there also visit here, me included.
control.com is sponsored by Schneider and strangely enough most of the questions there have nothing to do with PLCs. Most ing to re-invent the wheel with visual basic or C.
beerchug

If you take a look at the times, you'll see that my first post and JesperMP's first post came in 8 minutes apart. I handn't read his when I posted mine, but it sort of looks like I was referring to MrPLC.com. I wasn't. As I mentioned in a different thread asking about sites other than this one, when you get Jay Anthony to answer your Omron questions, you're getting the best.

As Chris has said, I was talkinbg about vendor-sponsored sites in general, and my comment was based on my recent experience on the GE Fanuc site. I had installed the new Cimplicity Machine Edition Logic Developer PLC software for a trial run, and found that afterward I could no longer communicate with the PLC when using VersaPro. I asked if anyone else had seen the same problem and whether there was a fix. The response I got was "Upgrade to the most recent edition of VersaPro and install the most recent version of CME". In other words, spend some money to upgrade your obselete software before spending more money to migrate away from that obselete sofware.

Sorry for causing so much confusion. Chris maintains an excellent site and provides a valuable service to the automation controls community.

Out here the West Coast, I have not run across a single Omron installation anywhere. I've worked with just about any other PLC vendors(Ab,Mod,Siemens,Ge...), am I missing anything good here?
Don