Software & cables for uploads from Twido PLC & Magelis HMI

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
We're an industrial machinery merchant and it behooves us to try to get uploads from all the various control systems that pass through our doors.

Our latest problems are trying to get uploads from a Schneider Twido TWDLCAA24DRF PLC and a Schneider Magelis XBT-R411 HMI.

The Magelis is still a current part, it seems and the software appears to be Vijeo Designer Lite, which is also still available for something a little under $400. Does anyone know what cable is required to connect to the XBT-R411?

The Twido PLC and its software (TwidoSuite, I believe) both appear to be discontinued. Does anyone know of a route to attaining the software and can anyone help in pinpointing the cable needed.

We're an industrial machinery merchant and it behooves us to try to get uploads from all the various control systems that pass through our doors.

Our latest problems are trying to get uploads from a Schneider Twido TWDLCAA24DRF PLC and a Schneider Magelis XBT-R411 HMI.

The Magelis is still a current part, it seems and the software appears to be Vijeo Designer Lite, which is also still available for something a little under $400. Does anyone know what cable is required to connect to the XBT-R411?

The Twido PLC and its software (TwidoSuite, I believe) both appear to be discontinued. Does anyone know of a route to attaining the software and can anyone help in pinpointing the cable needed.

Hi, this thread may help you out.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=70063

The twido wont be a problem....just check the link saultgeorge sent. But the hmi will be. If the original program was downloaded with the "include editor project" option selected then there is no way to upload the file

Our local distributor gave me the following links for the TwidoSuite software

https://www.se.com/za/en/product-range-download/1453-twidosuite/#tabs-top

...and to information on the programming cable

https://www.schneider-electric.us/en/faqs/index?page=content&id=FA318842&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US#__highlight

The also gave me a link to the Vijeo Designer Lite software for the HMI

https://www.schneider-electric.com/en/download/document/Readme_VijeoDesignerLite13/

and told me I needed an XBTZ915 cable.

Following on from chud's post though, that might all be in vain for the HMI at least, but we can but try.

Thanks for your help.

I bought a XBTZ915 cable and a TSXCUSB485 cable from eBay - good prices but had to wait weeks for them to land from China - but we weren't in any great hurry. Sorry, git, I would have bought yours but I've only just seen your post. I did look at your site but I didn't see the one I thought I needed.

I downloaded the softwares and installed them. I had to install TwidoSuite on my Windows 7 32-bit VM. It wouldn't install on my Windows 7 64-bit native OS.

I got an upload from the Twido with no problems at all. The Magelis is proving rather more difficult.

I installed Vijeo Designer light onto Windows 7 64-bit and it ran fine. In Schneider's Driver Manager, I tried using the Unitelway driver as that was already running. When I tried to get an upload, it wouldn't connect. After that I installed VDL onto my 32-bit VM but it wouldn't connect either.

The XBTZ915 cable 25-pin connector plugs into the same port that the PLC connects to so I examined the PLC comms setup (I probably should have done this first :) )and found it was

Modbus, 19,200, 8 data bits (RTU), no parity & 1 stop bit (see attachment)

Armed with this knowledge, I went back to Schneider's Driver Manager and setup the driver to match - see attachments - but VDL still wouldn't connect.

Everytime it has failed it says "Terminal not connected" (or similar). When I plug the cable into the Magelis, it recognizes it and displays a message stating its firmware level and that it is waiting for transfer. Does anyone have any ideas?

port-setup.png Schneider-drivers.png Modbus-serial-driver.png Modbus-driver-config.png Modbus-test.png