Honeywell UDC3500 Menu Selections

raccjim

I have a Honeywell UDC3500 PID controller on a thermal control trainer, and I can't seem to be able to restore the "PV SOURCE" selection in the Control Parameters group (first available selection is ("PID SETS)" after one of my students reset the parameters. I'm fairly sure that it is related to another selection in another group, but I'm at a loss as to where to find it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Lockout

RClem,
thanks for your response, LOCKOUT is set to CALIB, still not showing PV SOURCE, also tried LOCKOUT disabled, no change...
(I'm also in PA, Reading area)

Page 5 of the attachment shows it under the CONTROL group as the first selection.

EDIT * I just re-read your original post and see it's not visible, perhaps a reset to factory configuration will work.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• qsg_51-52-25-130_2007-04.pdf
    258.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I tried a couple of algorithms > IN ALG n >
SUMMER, RELHUM, F FWRD, OXYGEN, etc, but all showed PV Source in the control group.

I also tried CASCADE and 2 LOOP under ALGORITHM > PID LOOPS but neither shut down PV Source.

It's a mystery.

I'd advise the reset to factory. Honeywell's app note 3564 has the wrong 3500 reset procedure. The one in the manual works OK.
UDC3500-reset-to-factory-default-setup.jpg

Thanks for everyone's suggestions... I found that when I enable Input 2 my PV Source shows back up, which leads me to believe that if I only have one input enabled, the menu selection for PV Source does not show as there is no choice to be made...

Thanks for the update.

Interesting, my 3500 (firmware 3505C) shows PV SOURCE always, even when only PV1 is enabled and Algorithm is PIDA, single loop.

But the controller has 2 AI's, the 2 loop option and math so maybe firmware is smart enough to look for other for your model to turn PV Source off when only INP1 is enabled.

Hey Dan, you are right about the 3500...here's the embarrassing part... I was working with one of my older controllers which was actually a 3300 not 3500...Where's the red faced emoji when you need it! I just realized it when I went to do a factory reset and it wasn't working, sheesh!

You're lucky it took you this long to join the Sheesh Club. I became a charter member 41 years and keep my membership to date on a regular basis.

Like when I had to bench configure a 24Vdc UDC 2500 which I promptly plug into my 115Vac wired test case. POW - it blows up the red MOV's. Sheesh. I KNEW it was 24Vdc, why I'd do that ? ? ?

Luckily, I solder in a couple new MOV's and it fires right up.

So welcome to club.