how to copy alarm log file from pv plus to USB sticker

jugenzhu1963

Hi
I try to copy the alarm log files from my PV+ 1000 terminal to USB sticker. I create autorun.bat file and move this file to USB root directory. Then I plug the USB to the terminal. I see the light flash several times. But I got nothing from the USB.
The autorun.bat file is as fellow:
@echo off
copy "\storage card\rockwell software\rsviewme\logs\4219_4_1_1\DlgLog\Alarm log\*.*" "\USB Storage\"
copy "\storage card\rockwell software\rsviewme\logs\4219_4_1_1\M_Alarms\*.*" "\USB Storage\"
echo The copy process is complete

Do I miss something?
If anybody can help me solve the problem?
Thanks

This came up just yesterday and the issue was that the USB device wasn't formatted for the FAT16 format that the PV+ understands.

The terminal does need to have v5.0 or v5.10 firmware to support USB memory devices and the Autorun.bat file (it's turned on the Windows CE 4.1 operating system).

Try adding a "pause" command to the end of the batch file so that the Command Window display remains on (I plug in a USB mouse so I can close it) and you can see any errors that the command parser returns.

Is the Data Log really named "Alarm log" ? That's the ordinary Data Log Model destination file that your first line is aiming for.

I don't know if PV+6 supports only FAT16 or not. The new hardware has gone to SD cards instead of CF cards, and I think it's running Windows CE 6.0 under the hood. As far as I know, that version of Windows CE supports both FAT32 and exFAT.

But this is pretty-low level stuff I would have to verify with RA.