RSLogix5000 not having 1789-SIM IO module

meghnesh

Hello

I am using RSLogix Emulate 5000 where i added 1789-SIM Module.
But i am unable to find the same module in RSLogix5000.
When i right click--> New module-->...its not showing 1789 Module

What to do ?

Hi Micky.

Thanks for the Link
I did all the same as instructed in the link.
But still its not working showing "IO not responding"
I have even raised the RPI.
I get an error when I go to Backlpane tab

Attached Screenshots

1.jpg 2.jpg

I'm going to resurrect this old thread because google users will still end up here with this problem..

Here is a video link to as to how to setup a 1789-SIM module: https://images.rakb.link/732965/sim2.mp4

Module to use in RSLogix 5000 - 1756-Module

Input Assembly Instance 1, Size 2

Output Assembly Instance 2, Size 1

Configuration Assembly Instance 16, Size 0

Comm format "Data - DINT"

Slot - whatever slot you assigned it to in Emulate 5000

Request packet interval - 50

Hint: If you have real world input and output modules configured in your program that you want to test, map them to 1789-SIM modules and you can test your code without re-addressing I/O points in your program. Take a look at page 103 of this manual for help on this. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1789-um002_-en-p.pdf

Hello.

I just ran into the very same problems described in here, and none of the solutions helped my situation... but they did point me towards the correct direction. I'm posting my solution here in case anybody else with my same condition arrives here as well - just as I did.

In my case, I had created a controller in slot 1, faulted, and it did not allow to be removed... but when I checked in RSwho, it detected it as RSLinx Enterprise, desktop.

So, all I needed was to open the windows Process Manager (Ctrl+alt+del, processes tab) and stop RSLinxNG.exe.

Restart RSLogix Emulate 5000, and this time it booted the controller without any trouble! so I now was able to delete it... an create another one in the second slot.

I rebooted my machine, opened the emulator, and there it was, RSLinx Enterprise was for some reason fighting the emulator for slot 1, so when I instead switched to use slot 2 it all worked out. I jsut had to stop the enterprise version first for the emulator th be able to let go of the slot.

Hope this helps somebody in the future... I've lurked here for years, first time I've found a reason to create an account was to actually share this with whoever comes looking for it.