ABB CS31 - How to upload program

Murphy87

Hello,

One of our customers has several machines equiped with ABB CS31 plcs. We have KT92 and KT93 types. I have tried to upload the program from an KT92 to see how it works. I have used 907 PC 331 under windows. The transfer start but can not be achieved, each time I tried, I got an "read error at word number 1912" message and the transfer is stopped with an uncomplete upload.

So I wonder now if I have used the the right software ? if yes, should it be used under Windows or on a true DOS machine ? at last I have some troubles to get some informations about ABB plc in France, specialy for the cable needed. I have made one with a drawing I found on Internet but i'm not sure it's the good one so if someone has the correct drawing please let me know.

Thanks

JC

You can find some information on uploading software from these PLC's from this forum page:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=6402&highlight=abb+cs31

It seems it's not possible to upload the entire running logic ladder from the PLC.

For cable pinouts maybe this document will help you:

http://www05.abb.com/global/scot/scot209.nsf/veritydisplay/8508d45cac5706f3c1256c310032a639/$file/fptn440004r2001.pdf

Could you please help us to find CS31's programming software

907 PC 331. We have some troubles with the same PLC's.