Wonderware Intouch Inhibited Alarms

smakdown61

For those familiar with Wonderware, I'm trying to embed a list of all inhibited alarms into an intouch app. I want it to look similar to the built in Alarm Viewer. There doesn't seem to be any built in function for this but all of my Archestra tags have a .AlarmMode extension that corresponds to enabled, disabled, silenced. Has anyone tried to write a script that would be able to get modes for all tags and put them on a display?

Bumping this as still looking for an answer. Just need some kind of intouch script that will go through all tags in the Galaxy and display in a window all those with .AlarmMode = Disabled.

What version of System Platform do you use?I have a graphic that might put you in the right direction?

Can it not be done with the alarm client?

I don't believe so but I'm not extremely familiar with its customization options. I thought alarm client was only tied to specific alarm extensions enabled in Archestra. I'm looking for something more generic where I can specify exactly which attribute I want to query for and what value.

If it can be done in alarm client it would be great if someone could send an example of the scripting required for it to do that.

So the way we do it is to look at events in the WWALMDB. I then display it using a SQL grid. Not the most elegant way but it gets the information displayed.
This will return alarms that are inhibted or silenced. For this to work you need to ensure the Log Events are activated in the alarm logger. The graphic i attached already has the script inside it you will just need to change the custom property to define your SQL server and username/password.

This is the SQL query i use as you can see i look at the EventHistory View in WWALMDB.

Note this is a beta version at the moment i am not completely happy with the display it is very basic.

I developed this in System Platform 2014.

You can run the query in the WWALMDB database and it should return your results.

WITH dateorderedcommandevents AS
(
SELECT *, RNum=ROW_NUMBER() OVER (PARTITION BY [TagName] ORDER BY EventStamp DESC)
FROM dbo.v_EventHistory
WHERE [TagName] LIKE '%AlarmModeCmd'
AND [Description] LIKE '%Write success%'
)
SELECT EventStamp, LEFT(TagName, LEN(TagName) - 13) , Area, Value, Operator, OperatorNode
FROM dateorderedcommandevents
WHERE RNum=1 AND NOT Value='Enable'

The file is a bit big but if you pm me i can send it to you.(2.1MB)

Last edited: