You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old August 12th, 2017, 01:59 AM   #1
TL140
United States

FactoryTalk ME Tag database conversion question.

So I have a problem. When trying to open one the projects that was in one of our HMIs to edit it, I get an error thrown up at me saying I need to use the database conversion tool. Right now, I don't have access to a 32 bit system. I spoke with the automation engineer and he said his system was 64 bit also. and he had no issues bringing up the program. When I ask for a copy of the backup (because i figure he had something converted, or knew something I didn't), he sent me .mer files... not .apa files... .mer files...

Does anyone have any suggestions or am I SOL at this stage? Is there something I'm missing?

"A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street." -Doug Linder
Old August 12th, 2017, 02:50 AM   #2
sigmadelta
Canada

Which version of FT View ME does the automation engineer have, and which version do you have?
Old August 12th, 2017, 02:53 AM   #3
TL140
United States

Our version is 7.00. Unsure what his version is.

"A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street." -Doug Linder
Old August 12th, 2017, 10:26 PM   #4
TL140
United States

Still no luck with the issue. No more suggestions?

Old August 13th, 2017, 12:47 AM   #5
sigmadelta
Canada

Knowing the automation engineer's version is the starting point to find out what the issue might be. You could try to post the archive and see if I or anyone else can open it.
Old August 27th, 2017, 11:01 PM   #6
TL140
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmadelta View Post
Knowing the automation engineer's version is the starting point to find out what the issue might be. You could try to post the archive and see if I or anyone else can open it.
I just emailed the engineer and he said the version is the same that we have on our commuter. I will see if I can pack the file to an APA and get it to here.

Old August 28th, 2017, 04:44 AM   #7
rdrast
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Send it to Rockwell, and let them deal with the mess. Or send it to your distributor, they should support you.

Look First, Ask Second!

Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum