You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old August 13th, 2017, 03:52 AM   #1
AFPC
Syria

SCHNEIDER M340 compatibility

Hello Dear friends
I have a DRESSER_RAND generator. A part of the control is taken over by a SCHNEIDER M340 PLC.
The system components are as the following
1- power supply CPS201
2- CPU P3420302
3-DDI6402K
4-DDO6402K
5- AMI0800
6-AMO0410
7-DDI3202K
8-AMI0800
9 AMO0410 BMXAMO0410 PV:01 ,SV:10

I need to order spare parts because we don't have any.
Is there any version considerations?
I could only see the extra information for the last card because I cannot stop the generator to take out the other cards.
Is the information about the other cards enough or different versions can make problems.
I don't have unity PRO software. If I order to purchase it can I retrieve the information about the module including the firmware versions. For some other types of PLC I know I can but I don't know about SCHNEIDER.
Could the program be locked out by DRESSER_RAND so I cannot retrieve or modify anything.

Thank you
Old August 13th, 2017, 01:50 PM   #2
V0N_hydro
Canada

I never worry about versions, but I doubt you can replace any of the modules without stopping the generator.
Old August 14th, 2017, 01:48 AM   #3
chud
South Africa

I would only worry about the cpu version. You dont want to replace the cpu with an older version, as it may have some extra functions and also certain unity pro version (I think from v8 onwards....now on v12) cannot connect to old cpu version.
The program can indeed be password protected or certain program sections. I would contact Dresser_rand to find out before purchasing any software
Old August 14th, 2017, 10:09 AM   #4
Lare
Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
I would only worry about the cpu version. You dont want to replace the cpu with an older version, as it may have some extra functions and also certain unity pro version (I think from v8 onwards....now on v12) cannot connect to old cpu version.
The program can indeed be password protected or certain program sections. I would contact Dresser_rand to find out before purchasing any software
I disagree little bit.

Unity will connect also to old versions, problem is that new Unity version have different libraries and it can lead problems. Program cannot be loaded if firmware version is lower on real PLC than that which is selected on PLC program.

Also new programs have newest firmware version selected by default.

If you rebuild whole program and select correct firmwares (Downgrade offline version) you can connect to all CPUs.
Have still Unity version 2.3 builds on some programs, last time I maked online changes with V11. Project is still V2.3 base.

New PLCs and cards have newer firmwares than old ones. They are compabtible without any program modifications.
You can have only problems if you try to change old card with older firmare versions to rack than which is used on program.

If you buy new cards there can't be firmware problems.
Old August 15th, 2017, 12:38 AM   #5
chud
South Africa

As shown this applies to very old unity versions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unity compatibility.jpg (49.8 KB, 12 views)
Old August 15th, 2017, 01:59 AM   #6
Lare
Finland

Chud, I think that table means

If You use Unity V11 pogram and libraries are selected to V11 base, minimum PLC firmware version is 3.1.

Still if you use V11 program, but select lower libraries on Project then PLC firmware can be lower.
(With V6 libraries selected to project, minimum firmware is 2.9 even that you use newest Unity program.)

Pretty sure that Premium PLC which last time programmed with V11 unity wasn't with firmware 3.1. Project libary was lot lower on program than V11.

You can select libary base for Project if you open sta file.
(Open -> sta -> select library version -> rebuild all)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum