OMRON NT31c screen problem

jugenzhu1963

Hi everybody

I got a problem with omron screen nt31c-st142b-ev2. i setup system configurtion which include that initial screen is #1 , control and notify area. i programm the screen data and download to PT without any errors. after power up the screen come up initial screen first and then showing nothing(just blank screen). both power and run lights on.plc(cpm2a) communicating light also come on indicating communicate with pt no problem. i go to system maintenance menu and i can see the screen no problem. i use port A ( host link ) to hook up with plc. anybody knows this problem and can help me.

lots of thanks

At the first scan move 0 to the read and write area.You might have value in the PLC which make to the screen to jump to certain screen which is blank screen.

ArikBY said:
At the first scan move 0 to the read and write area.You might have value in the PLC which make to the screen to jump to certain screen which is blank screen.

Actually screen number 0 doesn't exist so this would give you a blank screen. Have a look at the value of the first register of the PT control area which is set in the NT Support Tool. It should contain a valid screen number, 1 in your case if this is the start up screen.

Thank you for your replies.
Now i got another problem. i create a touch button which is "monemtary type" ,say the address is 25.00. i program in plc using this address to set another address say 25.01.when i push the button on screen i see 25.01 is on, when i release the button 25.01 is off. this is something wrong because i only program set instruction and did't program reset instruction for the same 25.01. my understanding is 25.01 should keep on even button is released. i use to program nt20s and this function work properly. i don't know why no work on nt31c? please give me some help.

thank you very much

SET should stay on. The problem will not be in the screen I believe but the PLC program. Have you tried @SET?

Jugenzhu1963, you posted first about having trouble getting screen #1 to come up. So others may learn in this forumn, what was the solution?

I have seen this problem before. Remember that Hostlink writes the entire word (16 bits) each time. Try changing your Set address (25.01) to a different word (maybe 26.01).

Let us know how that works.

NT Link is a possibility, just make sure you change both the NT31 port and the plc port configurations.

From past experience if you change the port on the plc, best to cycle power on the unit to make sure the port configuration is changed.

Thanks for all replies.
I solved the screen problem, i program in plc one rung which move #1 to control area (in my case is i/o 200)on first scan. but i still can not figure out the second problem.i try another touch button which is alternative type. same programming in plc this time 25.01 stay on even i turn off the button. so with monetary type button looks like automaticaly reset 25.01. this is strange thing. is there anybody knows why?
thank

gtsuport said:
I have seen this problem before. Remember that Hostlink writes the entire word (16 bits) each time. Try changing your Set address (25.01) to a different word (maybe 26.01).

Let us know how that works.

P.d.L. said:
Or change to NT link !?

shrug.gif