Step7 hardware catalog update

agha77

Hi,
I am using step 7 v5.4 SP2. My available cpu is 6ES7 414 4HJ04 0AB0 V 4.0.9 but in hardware catalog v 4.0 is available. therefore in downloading message comes that your offline and online CPU are not matching.
I have update catalog online also but no use.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Agha

Sounds like you are confusing online "PLC" with Online "net". The message from the hardware manager that you offline and online hardware is different is from the hardware config in the PLC (somewhere in system DB's?). The only way to get rid of that is to download hardware manager to PLC or upload station to project.

The hardware manager can get an updated hardware catalog from siemens. This is done from the HW manager. This usually includes the files needed for new siemens processors, IO, etc...

You can download Hardware Updates from Hardware Manager via the Internet.

1. Close down all editors except Simatic Manager.
2. Open Hardware Manager.
3. Select Hardware updates.
4. Download Updates (Execute Button).
5. Then Select ALL & Install.
6. Step 7 will close notify that it will close down. It will install Hardware.
7. Relaunch Step 7 and checkout new stuff in Catalog.

Nick
HW_Up1.JPG

HW_Up2.JPG