Absolute encoder or SSI counter Fault

ason

Good evning everyone, i need some help, dont know what to do!!

Yesterday we were going to do some changes on a machine at my work,
we tried it before and everything worked ok.

but now i cant get the absolute encoder to count, or i cant see if it counts,

We got one Hengstler RA56-M/1212EK.42TBSB it´s a SSI encoder (see page 1-4 in the PDF)
and we also have a Hengstler signo 727 SSI counter (see page 5-6 in the PDF)

when i tried i was connecting the cable from the encoder stright in to the counter.

like this
counter pin - encoder (colour)
30. DATA+ - DAT (pink)
29. DATA - DAT- (gray)
28. CLOCK+ - TKT (yellow)
27. CLOCK - TKT- (green)
31. OVDC - GND, 0VS (brown, black)
32. 24VDC - UB (white)

worked like a charm,

now when i have but it on the plant i did a cable with a 12 pin Conin socket.
first mistake was that on the counter side i used wrong socket should be a clockwise but i was taking a counter clockwise,
i got SSI error, change the socket (and i also had some other parts wrong damn me!!)

i was geting ride off the error but i cant get it to count, wondering if i got 24v on the data or clock side, so i was ordering a new encoder.
did check the cable one more time everything was OK,
but cant get the new one to work also, tryied the old encoder stright in to the counter like i did when trying this out in the first place and no counting.

so now i have bean looking if some one have a SSI counter to borrow to see if it´s wrong on that one i have.

i dont know how to check the encoders out if they counts at all,
or how to check if the counter is broken,

if i disconnect the encoder i got SSI error, so the counter knows that i have it connected.