PLC Book

I am a college student and I was wondering if the PLC book offered on this site is worth the money. I am currently on co-op and will have a PLC class in the spring. So I am pretty green to all of this logic.

Thank you

In my opinion, it's worth 10x more than the most expensive PLC training book I've ever purchased.

What is the book based around? Like, is it based from a maintenance standpoint (troubleshooting and analysis)? Or an engineering standpoint (creating programs and overall understanding of PLC software)?

Also, which language is referenced more? AB or Siemens?

I bought them all a few years back. Some good labs in there, a washing machine, traffic lights, if I remember correctly maybe an elevator program lab. The "Understanding PLC" texts are basic and start from scratch. Really good if you went through all of it, then say follow it up with a course more specific to the brand you plan on using, a great start!