Displaying RAID status in iFix

cardosocea

Hello Gents,

I have a set of iFix servers together with a bunch of clients and they all use RAID1.
Although it is nice to have this redundancy, if one doesn't get notified or have an easy way of checking the RAID status, it becomes less useful as one hard drive can fail and people not notice it and take action.

For this reason, I was wondering if any of you had managed to get RAID status of a computer onto iFix. All searches online came empty and perhaps the Intel RST isn't the best when it comes to this application.

Any of you did something like this?

So, I did this for a different controller( and parsed the output of the CLI utility using perl for an Ignition box.

Should be able to write something to do the same trick for IFix, look at the output of rstcli32 or 64 and pull the volume status.

.net is NOT my forte however, but maybe that gets you in the right direction?

Have you thought of using SNMP messages?

If you don't want to do the leg work and write your own, there are SNMP monitors on the market, that should have OPC comparability. We use something along that route, it's just proprietary software.

I just poked around some and Kepware even has a driver for it. Most any enterprise level devices should come with SNMP function. We monitor UPS, our servers for any fault including RAID status, switches, and a whole lot more.

Last edited:
SNMP is something I am looking at too as GE has an SNMP driver available or I can install something like zabbix to monitor the whole network.

I was really looking for something fairly easy for now as the infrastructure is to be changed over the next couple of years into a virtualised platform and it will be a matter of checking costs between both solutions.
Whilst the SNMP driver for iFix will give us direct feedback and raise alarms if required, zabbix will require to be installed and a path setup for accessing reports or getting email/etc...