Compact Logix to RTA to Intermec Printer

Specialized37

I have a system that uses a compact logix processor. I use a RTA 435NBX ascii gateway to send a sting to an Intermec PM43 printer. This system has recently stopped printing labels. The PLC generated string has not changed. The RTA unit has received the string and shows the string as being sent to Ascii (printer). Printer does not attempt to print. I have tried 3 working printers and 6 new RTA gateways. I have tried to capture the serial data from the RTA serial port to verify that the RTA is actually sending the serial data. I haven't had any luck there. This system has been working for 2 years as well as many others that I have setup. Any ideas as to what may cause this situation? Serial cable from the RTA to the printer has been verified "good". Printer can print test labels. Serial settings on RTA and Printer match.
Thanks in advance.