Let me know how to communicate between two plc & how to configure ....

farooq mohd

Dear friend,

As per the input and out put requirement ,I have selected the following systems of

GE FANUC make PLC .Model No(.IC200UDR005)

Following are the Details given by user to understand the systems flow, how its works.

1)PLC –A & B(IC200UDR005) are interconnected by an RS485 communication cable The PLCs are programmed to execute the interlocked Auto /Man logic operation of both panels (A&B) as described below.

1.AUTO/OFF/MAN OPERATION:

1.1) OFF MODE:

a. If a panel is selected for OFF Mode, Vacuum contactor of that panel will not operate.

“OFF MODE” puts the panel effectively out of operation. Therefore, this mode is to be

selected only if the panel is not required in service for the same time.

b. When one panel is in “OFF MODE” the other panel can operate only in “MAN MODE”.

Auto operation is not possible.

1.2.AUTO/MAN MODE SELECTION:

a. For MAN & AUTO ‘Mode” operation both panels have to be selected for the same mode.

The only exception to this is the OFF MODE when one panel can be in OFF mode allowing

other panel to operate exclusively in MAN Mode.

b. If one panel is selected for MAN and the other for Auto, both panels will not operate.

1.3.MAN MODE:

a. In this Mode, Vacuum Contactor of both panels can be switched ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’ at will

through MAN ON and MAN OFF P.Bs provided for this purpose.

b. During the MAN operation, Maint. TCs – 1TC1 &1TC2 –will not function.

c. The safety –1 and safety –2 TCs-1TC2/2TC2 & 1TC3/2TC3-will however function & trip the Vacuum contactor if the temp reaches their set values. Such tripping will actuate high temp alarm and lock out the Vacuum contactor through the Lock Out Relay (LOR). The panels can be switch ON when the temp drops below the set values and the LOR are reset.

1.4. AUTO MODE:

a. In this Mode, One has a choice of two operations:

i. Only one panel in operation with 100% heat load [1382V Operation or 80%

Voltage =1106 volt (as the case may be, based on pipeline length)]

ii. ii. Both panels in operation with 100% Voltage [1382V Operation or 80%

Voltage =1106 volt (as the case may be, based on pipeline length)]

b. To go into 1382V or 1106 V, heat load single panel operation, after putting selectors switch S1 & S2 on Auto mode, within 10 sec; the full heat Push Button 1b6/2b6 has to be pressed. Whichever Push Button is pressed, the VC of that particular panel will switch ON. The other VC will remain open.

c. While on normal operation, if VC of one panel trips on fault, the following will happen;

i. VC of the other healthy panel will also switch OFF.

ii. After 5 secs, the VC of the other healthy panel will switch ON and carry 100% heat load.

iii. If the first panel which had tripped on fault is cleared of the fault and the LOR is reset and, if it is now desired to revert back to two panel operation, press the full heat Push button of the running panel for 3 sec and the second panel operation will begin as described under [d] i & ii above.

d. While on single panel operation panel trips on fault, the following will happen:

i. VC of the other healthy panel will also switch ON after 5 sec of the tripping of the running panel.

ii. VC operation will be blocked and cannot be run until the tripped panel is cleared of the fault and the LOR is reset.

2. The Auto/Man operation will be executed by the two PLCs provided one each on panel _ A & B. The PLCs are interconnected on an RS485] communication LAN.

As I go through above details,

1) PLC –A & B are interconnected by an RS485 communication cable (profibus). The PLCs are programmed to execute the interlocked Auto /Man logic operation of both panels (A&B) as described below.

2) The Auto/Man operation will be executed by the two PLCs provided one each on panel A & B. The PLCs are interconnected on an RS485 [communication LAN.

As far as PLC Logic development is concern ,if I want to communicate Between 2 PLC using RS232/485 communication cable, is it necessary that I have to configure one systems (PLC A) master & another System (PLC B) as a slave? While I doing this ,I want to know that what will happen if master systems get dead(means if supply of that PLC A Systems is not available by any means, then systems PLC B will work independently? While considering normal condition for both systems there are many condition of both panel that tends to both systems how to behave depending upon the mode in which they have.

If u have any comment on this please reply us.

Thanks.

Farooq Mohammad

HEllo friend ......
WHat happen to all of u.....
No one is here who can guide me or solve my problem...
Please tell what should i do if i want to communicate between two PLC of GE Fanuc Make.having same module...
Despirately need help.

farooq mohd said:
HEllo friend ......
WHat happen to all of u.....
No one is here who can guide me or solve my problem...
Please tell what should i do if i want to communicate between two PLC of GE Fanuc Make.having same module...
Despirately need help.

We also have jobs.......

However,
1, the communications problem you have is quite common, and nearly all PLC manufacturers have a standard method for doing this between their own PLCs, so you should check the manual or help functions.
2, Decide which types of communication should be over the link and which should be hard wired.
3, As for master/slave failure modes, you have to decide what you want to happen and implement it.

The rest of the stuff you have shown is standard automation problems, and the fact that you wrote is out is half way to solving it.

I like to set my PLCs that communicate to have a "heart beat" pulse. A bit is set by the comm, the PLC unsets it, runs a short timer, and if it's still unset, you've lost communication.

The specifics of how to do this are just that, and I'm not a GE guy, so I won't be of any help that way.

Buy a SLC or CLX & I can help you very quickly, for a price.