Control Panel Pictures: Not So Good

akreel

I couldn't wait to kick off the less-than-pretty control panel thread! Sorry!

Here's a what happens when road salt meets a pull-box.

AK

drippings.jpg

I was working in a panel yesterday that could be posted here if my employer permitted photography.

The sad thing is, I built it. :shame:

Chuck, I've built some dogs, too. In fact, I don't consider wiring to be my forte. I'd much rather make stuff sing and dance.

If code permitted alligator clips and duct tape, that would be my preferred method to hook-up equipment sometimes...

AK

This is for a rotary can cooker
panel.jpg

I would say it is on it's fourth paint job.

Last edited:
Scooter,

Think "Fire Suppression System" I would suggest a stand alone dry checical system accompanied by a shunt trip disconnect. Or you could remove the oil soaked prints from the cabinet and place them in a pocket on the door.

Be glad that they have been able to keep prints in that thing all these years. I have a couple of techs who are fine in most regards, but I have a terrible time getting them to put the prints back in the panel when they are done.

Is there a panal worth than this one

Hi
This panel is the one which i replaced(I am not the person who build it neither one of my company)
The replacement panel was posted in the control panel pictures thread.
Does any one can believe that the panel shown above supposed to be a new one for a project still in the commissioning phase!!!!!!

image064.jpg

And here is the control one

Hi
The previous photo was for the power panel and here is the control one which i replaced also

image069.jpg

Mike:

Good Point!

Actually the seasoned electricians/techs are worth their weight in spare modules. Provided they are good. Various times over the years I would get stuck with a guy or two out of the maintenance pool, who typically went from coffee machine to coffee machine to make sure that they were working okay.

I have had some that were dynamite, too! Gave some of them keys to my desk, access to my secret stash of modules, processors, and other toys. One day, one said they really needed an analog vom. No probem, sent out the purchase req for the best Simpson I could find. I had a key to their sercret stash locker, and that is were I kept it, some they would have regular access. The day I determined I was going to be cut, I told them to hang onto the meter, there were only three of us that knew it existed. They were sharp and went the extra mile, and helped me out a lot. Wish I could have took them with me.

Then there are the new electricians/techs, that if anything was older then the text book, it should be replaced, not even touched. And just hope you are not around when they get their first jolt of 120vac. I love being told "I don't work on old stuff". Typical response, boy are you in the wrong place.

Enough rambling for now.....casey

kc9ih said:
And just hope you are not around when they get their first jolt of 120vac.

Not that I wish to see anyone hurt, but it is that first taste of 277 that makes them talk to themselves.

Not enough room

This panel looked fine when it shipped. But a different story when it was installed in the field. This is what happens when I don't supply wide enough Panduit for the field wiring. I am more careful now with figuring out space margins.
[Attachment]