RSlinx stopped working

Saavedra

So yesterday I tried opening RSLinx, and a message popped up saying:

RSLinx classis communication server has stopped working.

The program stopped working correctly because of a problem. Windows will close the program and will notify you if there is a solution.

I tried opening RSLogix500 and who active from there, but the program is not running at all (not even as a service).

On Monday (2 days ago) it was running perfectly fine, I can´t seem to figure this one out.

Anyone has any idea of what the issue could be?

Thanks.

Using a program such as Windows Exploer, find where the RSLinx program is located on your computer (usually for Windows XP it is in "My Computer, Local Disk (C:\), Program Files, Rockwell Software, RSLinx, RSLinx.exe").

Then you can Open or Run RSLinx directly without going through RSLogix 500. Once your get RSLinx running, you might be able to figure out why it is stopping.

Last edited:
Using a program such as Windows Exploer, find where the RSLinx program is located on your computer (usually for Windows XP it is in "My Computer, Local Disk (C:\), Program Files, Rockwell Software, RSLinx, RSLinx.exe").

Then you can Open or Run RSLinx directly without going through RSLogix 500. Once your get RSLinx running, you might be able to figure out why it is stopping.

I tried opening RSLinx directly first, but it happened what I stated above, it closes up inmediately. Right now I tried using the .exe file (not using a shortcut), but the same thing happens, a poput window tells me that something is wrong.