Help please

BeginnerAgg

Have a micrologix 1000 hooked up to a 50w 24v power supply. i'm running 0.0.0 through 0.0.6 to power 7 lights. 1 unused but powered output. (0.0.7). Have power through outlet spliced between power supply and PLC but for some reason when I plug into outlet i am blowing a fuse in my house, did I do something wrong? Any help would be appreciated, additional details will be provided if needed to help solve my problem. (Am trying to learn as i go)

It doesn't say the wattage, but they are 24v. Same as the power supply. The problem could be within my wiring, like i said I am trying to teach myself for fun, from scratch. Well I don't know because When i plug it in it blows so my plc never gets power.. That sounds like problem number one.

What size is the fuse? Can you disconnect the power going from your splice so that only the PLC gets powered. Is it a new unit or did you buy it used?

Post a sketch of your wiring diagram

I'm sorry, I mispoke before. I blew the 20 amp EFI. And It's an allen bradley micrologix 1000. I am posting sketch now, apologies on the sloppiness. Yes I have powered the PLC by itself before, but not since I tried drawing power for my 24v power supply.

Also notice a slight error in the sketch where 0.0.7 is connected to a light, it is actually 0.0.6 that is connected, 0.0.7 has nothing on it.

I never had to add a 24v power supply to mine for the 24 v outputs. Unhook the power supply from the 1000 and put a meter on the + and - to see what you get. keep the 120v hooked up.
We need the cat # to do more.

I'm sorry, I mispoke before. I blew the 20 amp EFI. And It's an allen bradley micrologix 1000. I am posting sketch now, apologies on the sloppiness. Yes I have powered the PLC by itself before, but not since I tried drawing power for my 24v power supply.

You need to work on a process of elimination. If you have powered the PLC before and it worked, then try powering only the PSU. It could be faulty. Disconnect the output wires from the PSU and try powering it up - if it powers up you can do an additional check on what voltage it is outputting.

Thankyou patrick. It must be why, I could have fried it, It worked before but it isnt now even after all outputs are disconnected. I will have to get a different one and try again. Thankyou all for your time, other than that by looking at my sketch does it look like I have it wired correctly? (Minus the power supply)