What hardware works with RSView Studio ME

dftmaint

We have an older laptop here at work that has RSView Studio on it that isn't used for anything. They only use Red Lion HMI's now. I was thinking about buying some used hardware off ebay to learn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's now called FactoryTalk View ME Studio. I think RSView ME is the older name for it. The studio is the editing application and it will run a test environment for you on that laptop if all you need is to learn it. If you need to run the finished project independently then you will need a Panelview Plus that match the version of the Studio ME you got and it's not a small $ amount. You can also buy Factorytalk View ME Station which is the run-time license for a ME project that can run on a Windows PC.

Again, you do not need another piece of hardware to test run the project. The ME Studio can do it.

It's now called FactoryTalk View ME Studio. I think RSView ME is the older name for it. The studio is the editing application and it will run a test environment for you on that laptop if all you need is to learn it. If you need to run the finished project independently then you will need a Panelview Plus that match the version of the Studio ME you got and it's not a small $ amount. You can also buy Factorytalk View ME Station which is the run-time license for a ME project that can run on a Windows PC.

Again, you do not need another piece of hardware to test run the project. The ME Studio can do it.

I did a project with emulate and rslogix 500, it worked. I want to learn the hardware and communication side of it.

Of all the HMI's i found information on none of them say they are programmable with RSView. I understand that RSView Studio is now FactoryTalk View Studio. Is it the version numbers that i have to go by?

PanelView 5500 -- Studio 5000
PanelView 800 -- Connected Components Workbench

All the following use
FactoryTalk View Studio for
Machine Edition

PanelView Plus 7 Performance
PanelView Plus 7 Standard
PanelView Plus 6
PanelView Plus 6 Compact
MobileView