You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 10th, 2003, 01:47 PM   #1
atatari
Canada

Tisoft 305

Hi everybody,

This software is killing me.It takes 10 Min. to go online with my PLC.
Is it right?
same as Ge series one junior .Any suggestions?Is it a problem with my Pc ?
P.S. I am using Tisoft 2

Thanks,
Old January 10th, 2003, 02:23 PM   #2
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

I'm not sure of the details about connecting TISoft to the PLC, but there are similarities to the way it was done with GE's software.

First, if my memory is correct, the product that was known as the Series One Junior was never offered by either TI, Siemens, or Automation Direct.

As to your question of why it takes 10 minutes to go online: The GE software had the ability to try all possible addresses that could be set on the Data Communications Unit. Starting with an address of zero, it would send out a query, wait some period of time, and if there was no response, try the next address (1), and so on...

Could TISoft be doing something similar? The node address is set by dip switches on the side of the Data Communications Unit. Check your manual for the proper setting and set TISoft to try to communicate with a specific address.
Old January 11th, 2003, 08:08 AM   #3
john paley
United States

No, it's not your PC--it's the series one-JR. With a lot of the old series one processors, it takes a long time to go online. This problem goes away with the Series One-Plus models and later. You just have to live with it. This sluggishness also means that it's impossible to troubleshoot, too. The "status" function is just as slow. You have to troubleshoot with the "fat finger" plug in programming panel. All the tisoft program is good for with these older processors is backup and documentation. It's a thing with the processor and the DCU. The Problem gets no better with the automationdirect software package, directsoft.

We went through and replaced all our series ones with One Plus's or later--we have some TI and Koyo models, too--although that's not an option with the JR--they're all the same.

Last edited by john paley; January 11th, 2003 at 08:12 AM.
Old January 11th, 2003, 08:19 AM   #4
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

John,

I don't remember being able to go online with a Junior and monitor the operation of the program. All you could do with GE's S1 Junior software was download/upload the program.

Did TISoft add more capabilities? It would seem strange since TI never offered the Junior product line. But there was some fierce competition between GE and TI for a year or so while they were both selling the same product, so it's possible.
Old January 11th, 2003, 08:25 AM   #5
john paley
United States

Steve,

I don't know. I've only seen 1 JR and can't remember. The "slow" thing was also a problem with the earlier non-JR Series one's, and you could go on-line with them.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum