Slc 500 or 5000

I was wondering how long the Slc500s and Micrologix PLCs will be around. Does Rockwell Automation plan on phasing out the 500s and Micrologixs any time soon? Should I focus totally on 5000 or is it best to also continue learning about the Rslogix 500. We have both 500 and 5000 at work. I just do not want to waste too much time if they are going to phase out Rslogix 500 soon. Thank you all for your help.

Sincerely
Maintenance Man

I wouldn't be too concerned about the SLC/Micro line. They are still releasing new hardware for Micrologix.

Consider this, PLC2 has been obsolete for some time now and I still have to deal with them once in a while.

You should continue learning as much as you can...

Thank you very much dmroeder for your help. I am happy to know that I can continue to learn RsLogix500 knowing that it will be around for some time to come.:site::nodi: