Plc project

Lc1

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had used an old plc for a hobby project? And whether there are any schematics/parts list available? I would like to build a device that would automatically drive my bin up to the side of the road for collection remotely using an old Omron PLC. Has anyone attempted this or similar before?

Thanks

It would need to travel about 6m. I was thinking of old mobility scooter or car batteries along with radio transceivers.

Geez man - push the bin to the road! If you want to fiddle - as I do invariably - choose something useful like automating a shade house - watering, temperature, humidity - all those things. There are so many other worthwhile projects for a hobby that you could do.

Is this coincidence that this question popped up on the same day an autopilot uber killed a pedestrian?

You would need it powerful enough to transport a bin (about 2 bodies, say 200kg) and weak enough not to run over your neighbours cat that is sleeping on your cat-coloured driveway. I am not sure if these design constraints are possible, so the alternative is to have cat detection and avoidance technology to safety performance level e (ISO 13849).

My salary can't afford that hobby.

I honestly had this same idea yesterday, and didn’t remember until I read this post this morning!?!?!? Strange indeed. I was thinking of a roomba type device, and then I remember thinking, just push the thing up to the side of the road. But, great minds think alike, right.

I am publicly stealing this idea and will create a business and make bank. Lc1 you can be my business partner if you wish. Offer ends March 24th, 2018.