Need WinCC Option for truck loading system

huynt

Dear all.
We need a WinCC Option or other program for Truck loading automation system. This program transact between S7-300( use CP5611 card) and database use SQL Server in Database Server. I show my application:
S7-300 connect with 5 OP7s with profibus protocol, I use one PC with WinCC and CP5611 card. MES system use SQL server Database. In loading arm the driver enter Loading Number into OP7, This Loading Number is an Integer number( we use DB block for store Integer number). I need program check if have new loading number, it compare with Loading number in Database of SQL server, if loading number same as Loading number of database, it collect data from Preset Volumn of Database( Volumn of Petrol loading to truck) and send to PLC ( We use one real number store this number). After that, Press F3 ( example) start loading into truck. When finnish loading, Total volumn we send to database in Field RealLoadingVolumn.
I hope you can help me about the problem.
Thank all.

I have just had my first WinCC experience after being a long time Citect user.
The programs are not that much different, so I think I can give you a few pointers.

Firstly, WinCC is SQL based, so you shouldn't have too much difficulty getting the information from your MES system to WinCC and back again. Depending on your company policies, this can be controlled either via the WinCC or via the MES system.

Secondly, I would handle all the logic and coding through the PLC. I would only use the WinCC to communicate between the MES and PLC, for overall mimics and to log data and alarms.

Also, you may find some benifit to fitting your S7-300 with an Ethernet card, and using this to communicate with the WinCC terminal, but this is optional.

WinCC Option

You may need WinCC add on option called "Connectivity Pack", Use the "OLE-DB" provider in it and additionally one "Client Access license" (Given by Siemens)will also be required to take data from WinCC to another system (Legal).

With these two components you can officially access the data from WinCC to a Third Party SQL server.

For further info contact Siemens Sales person.

-----
Arc

Dear all.
Before, we have project use Allen bredley PLC( Controllogix ) and use RSSQL for transact PLC and SQL server.I don't understand why Siemens don't have software same as RSSQL of AB.
Who know infomation about this software?.
Thanks

You could also cheat by having the WinCC output a report in a text file, then have the MES system read it. Works with Citect, but haven't tried it with WinCC yet.

SQL & Text File

Dear Doug,

Writing to a text file and then make MES read it is again is a manual operation (or specific time based) and no seamless data transfer takes place. Not a very good way for automatic and semi auto plant and Batching systems For MES!!

For Hyunt:
Siemens WinCC's Database is MS SQL Server so the data is in a SQL server itself, however if you have your external SQL Server with License then one can install winCC on it (I guess this is allowed by Siemens)(Siemens ships SQL Server along with WinCC as per the licenses you have bought) and use the functionality as per your requirement. After that what you do with that data is another part.

Rest working with WinCC is another chapter and a learning curve is a bit slow.

Regards
Arc

Thank ARC and Doug.
I don't know infomation about Client Access license, Connectivity option can create bidirect transaction.
Thanks

Client Access License

huynt:

WinCC as an application is the 1st registered Client of MS SQL Database that is supplied along with WinCC 6.0 onwards ( not older version of WinCC!!, ( It was Sybase before if I am correct). That is the License you legally get for purchasing the New version of WinCC.

Any other application Internal or external to that PC ( Where you have installed WinCC and its SQL Server 2000 or what ever is latest given by Siemens), if that application connects to this "MS SQL Server" needs an additional "Client Access license" , This is a license for "SQL SERVER CLIENT" as I understand(or in simple words another user license for SQL Server, not for WinCC)(for working legally !!!). Additional Client access license is a product that is also supplied by Siemens, and has a specific ordering number , check it out with Siemens Sales person and also refer the ST-80 Catalog of siemens under WinCC section, it will give you the details of it.

Another way is to have your Own SQL SERVER From Microsoft with "n" number of client license, where "n" would be the number of clients (Applications (Check it out with Microsoft) / Users) that would be connected to this MS SQL Server, and then install WinCC, (The SQL Server given by WinCC becomes waste for you in that case) however check this out with Siemens for such an installation.

Have fun and let us know about your project when it works well !!

Regards

------

Arc

No Pain No Gain !!