21 at Last

And I thought America was the land of the free! Over here you wouldn't have worried for five years already. You can order an alcoholic beverage starting at the age of 16, even when no adults accompany you. And with more than 1200 different kinds of beer, choosing the right one is the biggest problem we face.

Congratulations on you birthday! 🍺

Yes, it's officially 18 In England - and is enforced with id. When I was 16 though, all you needed was the cash. These days all you need to do is borrow a siblings id and you're in.

Happy birthday!

I always thought it was weird you have such high alcohol age limit in the US, over here its 18 in restaurants and clubs and 20 to buy stronger alcohol in the shop.
But its not illegal to drink here when you're under 18, just to buy.

And happy birthday one day late :)

And I thought America was the land of the free!
wasn't it "the free and the brave"? so the free wait till 21 and the brave... well...

Over here you wouldn't have worried for five years already. You can order an alcoholic beverage starting at the age of 16, even when no adults accompany you. And with more than 1200 different kinds of beer, choosing the right one is the biggest problem we face.
LOL - so true :D

Happy belated B-day PCKid. For the record it is not 21 in all states. Where I grew up in Louisiana it is still 18 to buy legally. Though when I was a kid you just had to know where to go.

Personally I think you are better off drinking when you are younger. To many 21 year olds have no idea what drunk is until it is to late. You should learn how to hold the bowl properly at an early age while your parents are still there to clean up after you.