S7-1200 Failsafe CPU + Twohand control

NoName

Hello all.

I have just recently got a S7-1200 F CPU and safety licence and I am trying different things. So far I've tried monitoring of emergency stop and safety doors. Today I have tried to implement a two hand control function, but I have some problems.

This is the wiring that I have done between the two hand station and the PLC(see the attached picture)

But it's not OK because the digital inputs are always ON, they don't turn off when the buttons are pressed. But I think that they shouldn't be on in the first place...

Should I try to connect 1 of the two and control station to VS1 and 3 to VS2?

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?
Cheers
Aleix

twohand.jpg

I think you should use the power 24 VDC supplied by the channel (Vs1/Vs2).

How have you configured your hardware?

Connect 24v to 2, truth table for 1,3,4 as inputs as follows:
Code:
           [B]1    3   4[/B]
[B]L    R[/B]   
0    0     0    0   1   (both off)
0    1     0    0   0   (right only on)
1    0     1    0   1   (left only on)
1    1     1    0   0   (both on)
W    0     1    1   1   (left n/o welded shut, right off)
B    0     0    0   1   (left n/c always open, right off)
etc.....

I wired JSTD25F pin 1 of the M12 connector to X11-3 (Vs2), JSTD25F pin 4 of the M12 connector to X10-3 (Vs1), set the evaluation to 1oo2 and set the sensor supply to internal and then I got the following error:
The channels are shorted to P...

Shouldn't I use 1oo1 evaluation so that I will get two channels for the two hand control function block?

Thanks for any further input...

Cheers

Hello all.
I managed to get it working by rewiring the two hand station. The wiring was not OK like you said for the digital inputs.

Thanks, guys for the useful tips.
Cheers Aleix