Beckhoff CX8090 ERR LED and X101-102 ports not working

karakaya_o

Hello there,

I have a problem with the cx8090. When I insert the plug to wall, the err led lights up steadily and does not go out. I copy to sd card new update. I dont know the IP adress of the device. I could not access the device with IP. I want to give a new IP address. But X101 and X102 ports lights are never blinking. X001 is blinking green and yellow. I don't understand the source of the problem. Thanks for help.

Port X001: ethernet -> mainly for programming and ADS-communication

Port X101 en X102: ethercat; IO-communication

the manual

https://download.beckhoff.com/download/document/ipc/embedded-pc/embedded-pc-cx/cx8090_hwen.pdf

page 59:

green on: (ethernet) link present
yellow blinking: activity.

--> the cpu is communicating with 'somebody'

Standard configuration is DHCP.

But is the cpu 'new' of is it an excistion configuration.

ERR-led: error or boot-diagnosis led > RED?
Is the error-led RED and steady on?

Last edited:
If that manual is correct,
There is a set of D.I.P. switches on the front of the PLC. Chapter 6,
Parameterizing and commissioning, starts out with how to set the
switches for DHCP and an IP address - which can be changed programmatically.

There is also Error handling and diagnosis in Chapter 9.

Good Luck.
Poet.