Micrologix 1500 applications

arup_basu

Dear friends,

I am using Micrologix 1500 for some machine control application. I have following questions.Please help:

1.How using less number of rungs,I can add the content of 30 integer file? The integer files contains time value in secs , total digit 6. e.g. the content of N7:0 to N7:29 have to be added and the result is to be stored at N7:30.

2.Can any one suggest a program for counting the number of product per minuite and displaying the same on the PV 600 ?
I am using a program where the count value is being inputted (after rising edge evolution) at an interval of 15 secs(using 15 sec pulse generatior)to a counter. The sample count for 15 secs is then multiplied by 4 and the value for 15x4=60secs is stored into an integer file for displaying on panel view 600. The counter is resetted after 60 secs to take fresh input.
This program works ok but inetially the count reading increases e.g 2,4,8,16- like this for 15 secs and then gives the total value for 1 minuite. I think ,if I decrease the sample time from 15 secs to, may be, 5 secs and then multiply by 20-will that give some flicker free reading on display.
Please suggest if there is any better method for such an application.

Thanks

Arup Basu

What is the end result here? Trying to figure a product rate?

Teh 1500 has some pretty slick internal high speed counters and STI file you can use to figure this pretty easy.

First read the zip file word document I've uploaded in this post, then read this KB post from AB.

http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...7732094C41BD521785256AFB006F4E9B?OpenDocument

I think this is what you probablly want to do, but not sure. I think it will be alot easier that 30 interger files....

application of MicroLogix 1500

Hi Chakorules,
Thanks for the reply.
I think there are some misunderstanding. The quaries are different and independent.. For better understanding, I am elaborating the subject further:
1st. question: A particular machine has 30 types of fault messages.During occurance of any of these fault, the machine gets stopped immediately. For machine down time analysis, the stay time of each fault is measured and stored in the respective intiger file.There are total 30 files for 30 faults.-It works ok and there is no problem.
What I want to do is to add the content of all these 30 files. I can use the 'add' instruction where content of two files can be added and the result can be stored in a third intiger file. Using this process to add the content of 30 files, the code will be too long. is there any short method possible?

2nd. question: I wanted to measure and display the machine output per minute.The application is just not only the counting. It is similar to that of a conventional digital RPM counter. In other words, what will be the PLC code to measure the RPM of a motor. The display part can be taken care of by PV-600.

thanks

Arup Basu

Hello..the expart PLC friends around - why are you all so silent? am I requesting something amousing ?

Thanks

Arup Basu

Some thinking aloud for you.

You may be able to achieve your result by setting up a loop.
Using the JMP LBL instructions and applying some indirect addressing.
This would require possibly only 2 ADD instructions and some compares to break the loop and reset the pointers.

That is if you want to calculate the result within a scan.
If it is acceptable to have the result posted after 30 scans then the JMP LBL would not be needed.

These are thoughts only.