Is it possible to dynamically change the Motion Polarity in the program?

This is a CompactLogix L33ERM, version 30 (31 is too unstable on my machine to work with), with a Kinetix 5500 drive.

I have a program where there are "Right Handed" and "Left Handed" oriented parts and there is a rotary twist that is essentially mirrored between the two programs. If I could just change the motion polarity in the program based on what kind of part I'm running, that would make my programming a LOT simpler. But I can't find anything online that says yes or no.

EDIT: I found I can use the SSV to send that value, but I'm not sure if it will actually work.

Last edited:
Or have two different motion commands, except each is enabled and triggered based on the desired polarity. Thats probably what I would do, it documents well with nothing fancy to confuse someone following my work.