A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

How would you like to do Data Types for other PLCs where the Data Type isn't part of the address? I think that the easiest and most logical from my point of view is to add a Data Type property to the control but obviously that is more work for you.
So far with the 2 drivers I developed that do not tell the data type in the address (ControlLogix and TwinCAT), I was able to read the type from the PLC. If I do run into a driver in which I cannot do that, then I would have to resort to a user settable property.

Does this release support comms to ControlLogix/CompactLogix over Ethernet I/P or was it suppported previously? Thanks!

I know the Controllogix ethernet i/p driver is for a physical controller. But for development, I use a Emulated controller. Will this driver work in that config? Just tried it briefly using Linx Gateway setup as a gateway. No luck. I'll try again tommorrow to see if I did anytng wrong.

I know the Controllogix ethernet i/p driver is for a physical controller. But for development, I use a Emulated controller. Will this driver work in that config? Just tried it briefly using Linx Gateway setup as a gateway. No luck. I'll try again tommorrow to see if I did anytng wrong.

It should work with Emulate. You will notice that when you drop the com driver onto the form, there is a property called ProcessorSlot. You need to set this for which slot the processor is in. It looks like by default it is zero, and in Emulate your processor will be in a different slot.

It should work with Emulate. You will notice that when you drop the com driver onto the form, there is a property called ProcessorSlot. You need to set this for which slot the processor is in. It looks like by default it is zero, and in Emulate your processor will be in a different slot.

Do you know a way to make it work with emulate? My emulated controller is in slot 0. Can I use the controllogix I/P driver? I can't put in an ethernet module in an emulated controller. Should I try the serial comms?

Actually I take that back, you probably cannot use Emulate. I used Softlogix, which allows you to add an ethernet module.

Yeah and I don't want to install SoftLogix. I'll try using the emulated serial port with the DF1 driver.

OK. Since I'm trying to use the OPC driver with RSLinx to communicate with RSEmulate 5000, I've got the followiing errors. I don't know if their related. The first is when i run the compiled project on my virtual machine where all the Rockwell stuff is loaded. The other error is now occurring after VB 2010 Express is done publishing the project. Boy I have a lot to learn about .NET. I'm still stuch in the VB6 world.

6-14-2011 4-11-35 PM.png 6-14-2011 4-12-53 PM.png