CJ2M communicating to a NB5Q-TW01B problem

forqnc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Morning All,
I worked with Automation Direct and Allen Bradley for the last 20 years. Now I have a new job working with Omron. My first project is upgrading from a NT11 HMI to a NB5Q. I've spent the last 3 days getting setup, I have the PC downloading via Ethernet to both the PLC and HMI. I've narrowed my problem down to my addressing. I've watched many videos and read as many manuals, but I seem to be missing a small piece of information.

Simple setup,
I have a Bit Button on the screen set at W_bit 1.02
I have a Bit Lamp on the screen set at LB 0 (note any other setting, W_bit, CIO_bit etc causes the lamp to disappear on the PT when downloaded. This also creates a {1} PLC response error on the PT after download)
With the above settings everything appears ok, except the button does not bring on W1.02 in the program, and I have no idea how to activate LB0 from the PLC.
I'm sure this is something simple I am overlooking.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Did you download the Ethernet kernel to the NB unit?

Not very well documented, but you will need to do this to get the communications to work properly.

Hope this will help.

Did you download the Ethernet kernel to the NB unit?

Not very well documented, but you will need to do this to get the communications to work properly.

Hope this will help.

Not sure what the Ethernet Kernel is, this is a brand new screen. Searching the web regarding Ethernet Kernel I found this link
https://www.myomron.com/index.php?article=1542&action=kb
When I use NB Manager to get Version it shows the attached info.
Not sure if the high number for the Kernel indicates it is up to date or not.

Thanks for the quick reply gtsuport

Version Infomation.jpg

Update,
Went ahead and downloaded the Kernel and Root file system as mentioned in the above link. Only thing that happened was Rootfs increased from 2263 to 2265.

Tried various values with CX-Programmer tags and directly imported the tags into NB Designer still no luck.

LB are local memory tags and system tags for the HMI. You cannot activate it in the PLC.
Maybe the reason why your bit lamp is disappearing is because the graphic you select in the graphic tab of the bit lamp has only one state.

If you click the button are you able to write the value in W1.02 in the PLC? Is your bit button setting in the PT alternate, momentary, set or reset?

LB are local memory tags and system tags for the HMI. You cannot activate it in the PLC.
Maybe the reason why your bit lamp is disappearing is because the graphic you select in the graphic tab of the bit lamp has only one state.

If you click the button are you able to write the value in W1.02 in the PLC? Is your bit button setting in the PT alternate, momentary, set or reset?

The bit lamp is a 2 state graphic see attached image.
The bit button is set to momentary.
Attached are some screenshots showing the symbols in the CX-programmer and the PT.
A picture of the ladder logic.
The screen in the NB Designer software.
The lamp being 2 states.
A picture of the actual screen display.

I appreciate the help on trying to resolve this.

Symbols.PNG Ladder Logic.PNG Screen in Software.jpg Lamp_2_States.jpg Screen picture.jpg

Searching through the various manuals I found that the NS flashing light on the cpu refers to the "Tag data link and message connections not established". I found plenty of information on using Network Configurator, but that is not for the NB HMI.
I also exported from the PLC tags and imported into the NB Designer, as mentioned here
https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1546
Still no joy, attached is the manual page, maybe this triggers a light bulb for someone 🤞🏻

Led Status.PNG

Finally figured out my simple error. With a step by step guide from Omron Tech support, I was able to see I had an IP address ending in 7 but the Node in NB designer was 2 o_O Set them both to 7 and working great now.
Something simple but would like to post in case any one else has problems.