Siemens Certified Programmer ??

Ahmed Najeeb

Wish you all A happy Year ... i want to ask about SIEMENS S7 certified programmer , is it an exam to take .. ? does it require courses before the exam ? .. Finally where to take it ?? .. Thanks

Hi,
It is a three part training course, I done it a number of years ago, each one is a week long and third phase has an exam at the end, I done phase 1 and 2 in Canada and third in Manchester UK.
I guess you should ask your local Siemens rep about training courses,
not sure if its updated to deal with TIA Portal when I done it, it was based on Simatic S7 and Wincc Flexible

Hi,

I did the certification as well, even though the training is very informative and educational, I do not think the certification in itself is of any added value (for me).

We use Siemens for many installations a year, but we are not an integrator or distributor of Siemens.

Also, the certificate officially lapses after 3 or 5 years.

Last, with the ongoing transition from Simatic Manager and S7-300 to TIA and S7-1500, I think that would be a better platform.

Anyways, if you have the chance to do it, and you don't have to pay for it, go for it. If you have to fork out the money yourself, I would not.

Siemens Certified Programmer

Hi,

I know this is an old post, however I can add something to this topic because I did the exam in Belgium without taking any courses.

Normally you should have had the 3rd course as a minimum before subscribing for the Siemens Certification exam. If you did not follow any courses, then you certainly must have done some projects in TIA portal and have experience with scratch programming, else your chances are little.

The exam was a test with 2 demo cases. One with a S7-1500 PLC and one with a S7-1200 PLC. On the S7-1200 there was a drive connected on profinet. on the 1500 there was a remote ET200sp and a TP700 Comfort panel connected. On the ET200sp there was a transportconveyor connected with some simulation switches and leds.

You have 4,5 hours to program the following:
- Hardware config of both cases
- Programming a reusable FB (use of stat and temps) for a simulation with the conveyor. The program is a little sequence with a piece of metal that is detected on several sensors on the conveyor that represent the positions. The sequence is about bringing in the Oven, staying x time and going out. You have to use analogue value's in from a slider and out to displays (0-10V). Internally in the FB you can write it the way you want, SCL is also allowed).
- Import a library and use a TP700 config from the library where the Oven is allready on the screens and some alarms are made.
- Adding a recipe reader (read values from the PLC, not write).
- Writing a little database with UDT data and link it from a Variant array with UDT data that contains actual temperature, time, etc... some process data.
- Write a Send and Receive between the 1500 and 1200 PLC.
- Write a setpoint position from the 1500 tothe 1200 PLC.
- use a technology object in the drive to control a turntable and connect the setpoint position coming from the 1500 PLC.

It isn't simple if you didn't follow the course 3, but possible if you have the experience that is needed todo the above in 4,5 hours. Test yourself before you jump into the exams.

Kind regards,
Gerry

Thanks for the update Gerry,

How much did you pay for just the exam?