6200 to RSLogix5

A_G

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an old 6200 series software project and I'm trying to convert it to RSLogix5. But I cannot get the documentation database to import.

I followed the instructions in the RSLogix5 user manual and the Knowledgebase: I opened RSLogix5 and opened the old 6200 .AF5 file. I got the file open but the database (the Bit descriptions etc) did not import. So I went to Tools, then Database, then Native Import, then selected the .OP$ file. I got an error message saying "Could not import the AB 6200 documentation database files".

I called Rockwell tech support but they told me the only guy who is familiar with this is on vacation.

Without the database nothing has any descriptions and I have no idea what most of the logic does.

Any suggestions?

An update: I found an older version of the project. The original programmer/field service tech probably made some revisions. I converted the older version of the project to RSLogix5 and imported the documentation database without any issues. Then I did an ASCII export on the database. Then I opened the newer version of the project (the one that was converted to RSLogix5 but missing the database) and imported the ASCII database from the older project. So now hopefully I have the latest version of the logic with enough descriptions to get by.