Online Editing with RSLogix500 disappeared

plcman777

I lost my ability to do online edits to my SLC5/04.

I did online edits for three days in a row, then on the fourth I was no longer able to do online edits.

I checked all the places I could find in the help files to enable online edits and they are enabled.

Any ideas why suddenly I no longer have the option to online edit?

Thanks

I think you may have leftover edits from previous online sessions. Make sure to assemble or cancel past edits before editing again.

there is a BIT in the S2 file somewhere that needs to either be set or reset to enable online editing. It should not have changed for u, but u never know?

There are two bits (S:33/11 and /12) that indicate whether online edits are present, but I am not aware of a settable bit that prevents online editing. (but I have still not seen everything !)

I wonder if RSLogix 500 suddenly thinks it is the Starter edition ?

Are the edit buttons simply no longer present, or are they greyed out, or is there some other symptom ?

Thanks for all the suggestions. Here's what happened.

I figured out that I rushed out of the program without finishing an edit, to go to another problem elsewhere.

Then when I returned I made offline changes and downloaded the program.

That caused RSLogix to say that I still had Edits Active but I could not accept, test or assemble them because I had downloaded a new revision.

I cured the problem by pulling the battery and shorting VBB to GND and downloading the program into a blank processor.

Problem Solved, thanks.