Codesys noob help

Jonas3310

Hello,

I'm trying to run simple Codesys 3.5 patch3 example for quickstart. But, when I set gateway (Devices->Device(Codesys SP Win V3)-> Communication Settings) parameters (and scan network), I don't find any devices in network (in examples that are provided they always find a bunch of devices). And in tab "Online->Login" I can not login, because of an error (No active path defined). And I don't know how to fix this issue.
Because I don't have any hardware and want to test the thing in simulation mode.
I tried Codesys original forum, but it seems to be very slow, besides to get your account activated moderator has to confirm your account (nothing after 3 days). So maybe someone can help me in this forum.

Regards

suggestion: try attach a code (project), and little more sescription of surrounding and problem and hardware so someone could be more on to your problem and perhaps offer a help...

set simulation to on by clicking on it.
As you do not have any hardware nor softplc this is the only way you can do it.
all programs will work, but as you do not have a real plc it will not communicate (demo version will only do this for one hour.
you have to choose a target from the list under resources just so the program knows what to expect.
you may set markers and outputs, even visualisation works fine. Here you can make a vis to set sensors and switches etc.
codesys website has had some attacks, so they have a policy, but they should approve your entry. (done manually)
also have a look at www.oscat.de for nice function blocks.

Hello,

I tried ( http://www.codesys.com/support-training/codesys-training-courses/codesys-quick-start-project.html ) example project from this link (description and project example). When I tried running example project- I get many errors when I build the project (because of lack of some initialization of structure variables).
Later I tried other way:
(I use Codesys V3.5 SP3 patch2)

I done project manually, by description of tutorial from the same URL. I get no errors when building, but I can't check this instance because of same thing about not being able to (Online->Login). In tutorial 15p. Section 6, paragraph 2, according to it, I should do a login and then run the whole thing.
But at this point I need to set active path, the problem is that my gateway doesn't find any devices (as it is seen in attached picture). And I don't know what should I do at this point. Maybe someone could tell me what to do step by step (can't be too detailed, because I think I'm missing quite some small piece) to get it running in debug simulation mode.

P.S. Shooter, thanks for reply. I tried clicking on the simulation, but I still need to define active path and I'm stuck at this point.

Any step by step description would be appreciated in form (First step->second step -> ...).

Thanks in advance, I'll be waiting for good news.

Regards.

Error.jpg

Attachments

• SampleProject.zip
    39.1 KB · Views: 20
Oh, I think I got what I was looking for:

Online->Create boot application
Online->Simulation
Online ->Login
Debug->Start