Double acting Valve

qwemx

I have double acting valve.
this need to be opened and closed .
now Valve remain open as long as power is connected to slenoid on power loss valve closes.

the solenoid is 4 way single coil
http://www.flowlinecontrols.com/solenoids/solenoid-valve-12.aspx

Is it possible to make it function in this manner give power to solenoid for few seconds and valve opens supply to solenoid is turned off and valve remains in OPEN
then next time when power is given to solenoid for few second it changes state open to close. this power also turns off after few seconds

Basically 3 second pulse for ON and 3 second Pulse for off .

20191108_121116.jpg

Last edited:
In a word NO, You really need a 5 port valve with two solenoids pulse one to turn on pulse solenoid 2 to turn it off, What it actually does is 5 ports pulse solenoid 1 to energize one way & exhaust other port, pulse solenoid 2 to reverse this. (note these are what you call stay put so do not need coil energized all the time). There may be pneumatic logic blocks out there that act as flip flops then you would need a slave valve to do the work.

you can not do what you want with the valve you have it is spring return when power is removed
what you want is a 2 coil valve one coil to open and the other to close
your diagram is a standard cylinder control valve the arrows show the connected ports for the 2 states of the valve
port 1 is the incoming air supply
ports 3 and 5 are exhaust ports
ports 2 and 4 are to cylinder
any supplier should be able to get you what you need