Move time/date stamp into HMI

saultgeorge

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi folks.
First time I've tried to do this. I am using rs5K V.28 and change, FTV ME V.8.0. I have a project that entails moving values into numerical displays in the HMI. I have cycle counts coming in, and when a tool is changed out after so many counts, maintenance pushes a reset button on the screen and it resets the counter, and moves the counts into a history display (6 historical values). I got that with no problem. How do I move a time/date value into a numerical display? I used the GSV and "WallClock", "LocalDateTime" attribute. My question is it ought to show up in logic, but how do I configure the numerical display? It seems there will be at least 15 or 16 places. I'm just wanting to save Month, day, year, and hours/minutes. This is so they can see how long it was since the last reset. Thanks folks. I hope to wrap this up tomorrow. 🤞🏻

you have build it using CONCAT.

See Attached. It's an exported routine. Import into a blank program and check it out. It converts time to a string not a number.

Hi, thanks for the response. I tried importing it into an existing program and I can't seem to do that. When I try to open it is says no controller exported with the file. I've haven't done much with files sent over this forum--I have little experience with zip/unzip. I was thinking perhaps what I want to do is covered in the Panel View user manual. My old boss always got mad at me and told me to RTFM.

it's a subroutine not a program. Create or use any test program you have and use import routine.