RSLinx Enterprise - SLC5/05 Series C

Athlonus

Has anyone found the patch for RSLinx Enterprise in RSView Studio not recognising a SLC5/05 Series C Rev 5 processor? I have an email in to AB support - and waiting. THe advice here is usually better.

There was a problem with the 5/05's around that Series/Firmware Rev that would not let it be recognized by RSLinx Enterprise. They should respond to you with the recommended F/W upgrade. This upgrade will also allow the Etherrnet I/P driver to recognize the 5/05 in RSLinx Classic.

Anawer from AB Tech

Problem:

RSLinx Enterprise fails to recognize the SLC 5/05 Series C module and displays a yellow question mark. Any application using the SLC 5/05 Series C module will not be able to add the ethernet driver for this device because the driver doesn't exist in the RSLinx Enterprise Hardware Database. The problem is related to the HardwareDatabase.xml file not containing the updated driver information for newly released products.

Solution:

Replace the HardwareDatabase.xml for the desktop with the updated file attached to this technote.

Installation:

1) Unzip the attachment to a specific file location.

2) Stop RSLinx Enterprise and RSView Studio

Note:The RSLinx Enterprise service can be stopped from the system services found under administrator tools in the control panel.

3) The attached zip file will contain one file once unzipped (HardwareDatabase.xml).

Desktop Installation:

4) Copy the HardwareDatabase.xml file from the Desktop folder to the following location "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLinx Enterprise". Click yes if asked to replace any existing files or place the original file in a new folder for safe keeping.

5) Reboot the computer so the changes can take affect the next time RSView ME is run.

<<HardwareDatabase.zip>>