AB vs Mitsubishi/ Omron Instruction

sutton

Lifetime Supporting Member
hi guys,

I had been using Allen Bradley, Omron, and Mitsubishi PLC in my job. Now im using Allen Bradley RSLogix 500 to work on an Emerson servo drive project.

When i was using Mitsubishi, there is function called Double Block Move. I was able to move decimal values into 2 words. However, in Allen Bradley, i couldnt find similiar instruction. Please refer to my sketch picture.

Im trying to move user key in decimal value from Panel View into 2 word data memory. The maximum value for 1 word is 32,767. If i need to key in 40,000, how should i work out the logic? which instruction should i use?

Please advice, thank you.

I'm not 100% clear on what your asking, but have you used the float data type F8:0? It is a floating point data type and should be able to accomplish what you need.

Marc

There is no Double Block Move in Mitsubishi, just the Block Move (BMOV).
The closest match in AB is Copy File (COP) and I think it's applicable to long integers in MicroLogix and floating point numbers in SLC as well (never tried myself).
The difference with Mitsubishi is that destination area cannot overlap with the source, while in Mitsubishi you can move a block wherever including onto itself.

Last edited:
I get this a lot when motion controllers need large integer numbers, but the SLC integers are limited to 16-bit signed integers.

One method is to perform a multiplication operation to get the integer, then when an overflow is detected you copy the Math Registers into holding register zones.

What exact data format does your motion controller need ?

Previous thread:
word.JPG

Hi guys,

THanks for your kind reply. So here is the sketch of the format i need to send to the servo drive.

servo.JPG

by using 1 word, i manage to key in decimal values into my servo drive. The servo will run the distance depend on the integer numbers that i had entered.

So, if i use floating word, this mean i can use COPY command to move 2 data words into Output words O:6.2 and O:6.3?

Please advice, thanks everyone.
Merry Xmas!