AB Micrologix 1200 Manual Mistake: Limit test?

mike64b

Hi, in the manual for the Micrologix 1200 it says Limit test: "If the Test parameter is a word or long word address, the low limit and High limit parameters can be either a constant, a word, or a long word address. But the low limit and high limit parameters cannot both be constants."

This doesn't make any sense, I've seen some examples that show Low has a constant 300, Test as a N7:0, and High as 500, which makes perfect sense to me. I don't know why it says the low and high both can't be constants??

(note I know this limit test is easily constructable with GEQ/LEQ anyways).

That makes sense... just above the thing I pasted in the first post, the manual also said "If the test parameter is a constant, both the limit and high limit parameters must be word or long word addresses."