RSLogix 5000 and Powerflex 525.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I'm trying to control several PowerFlex 525 with a CompactLogix 1769-L33ER via Ethernet.
I used the EDS Wizard to install the corresponding EDS files and the registration seems to be successful (the PowerFlex 525 devices appear available to unregister, for example).

However, when I try to add a PF 525 by right clicking at I/O Configuration -> Ethernet and selecting "New Module", the PowerFlex 525 devices are not available in the device list. The PowerFlex 40, 70 and 700 are available, though.

What I am missing?

Thank you in advance!

If you have an older version of 5000, it may predate the addition of the 520 series, so yes, you will need to add the AOP (Add On Profile), or maybe it's time to update your 5000. There may be other issues.

You need the Add on Profile which you can download from the Rockwell site but be very careful. The current version of the AOP installation software uses the "new" database method for handling EDS files so once you have used it any software you have which relies on the old registry system will no longer work. This mainly affects RSNetworx packages but there are some others. Unlike L5K V21 and above which inform you about this the AOP installer just does it and leaves you an unpleasant surprise.

I added the (correct) AOP and it worked!
I had added the incorrect AOP by mistake.

Thank you!