ABB ACS800 Drive

Nyains

Hi All,

We have a ABB ACS 800 Drive, Have 2 AO for RPM and current output. As default setting, both are available on X9-12 terminal.

I am facing problem that at the terminal number X9 and X11 am getting 24V DC and also mA in series, but i didn't getting any mA at terminal number X10 and X12.

I am pretty sure that in practical 24V DC and mA can't available at same terminal.

Please Help.

Hi All,

We have a ABB ACS 800 Drive, Have 2 AO for RPM and current output. As default setting, both are available on X9-12 terminal.

I am facing problem that at the terminal number X9 and X11 am getting 24V DC and also mA in series, but i didn't getting any mA at terminal number X10 and X12.

I am pretty sure that in practical 24V DC and mA can't available at same terminal.

Please Help.

The analog outputs have nothing to do with 24VDC.

They are 0-20mA or 4-20mA current loop signals.

You should have analog output 1 (motor speed) at terminal X21-9 & X21-10.
Analog output 2 (output current) is at terminal X21-11 and X21-12.

If you want to measure the 4-20mA output signal without having anything connected, you should put a resistor over the terminals and measure the voltage.
If you put a 250 Ohm resistor over the terminals the voltage over it will be 5V at 20mA and 1V at 4mA.
You can't measure it unconnected unless you have an instrument made for measuring current loops.

Last edited: