Siemens TIA portal Multiple HMI's solution

Kasperv79

Hi Guys.

A vendor is delivering a non GMP machine with a 1500 CPU and 4 panels. one TP1200 and 3 TP700.

Im searching con/pros for according to development requirement. 5 HMI is 5 times test if they are made individually.

What are yor experience?

Sm@rt-server as i understand is like a remote session, the problem here is that one user just takes over the session AND that user allready logged in?? this could be okay if the machione is easy to walk around, but if the panae is located in different room its not good.

any advice is appriciated.

/Kasper.

Last edited:
I don't know the details of the machine, but would risk that the HMI's will all be the same project downloaded to separate HMI units or at least the same project for the same type of units.

There are reasons from the manufacturer to want to do it this way to cut down on the customization of the system, but as far as you are concerned there is also the possibility and flexibility of controlling the whole process from one place in the event that one of the HMI's is down.

Hello Kasper.

I'm not sure because I have just used several identical hmi's on the same projects with the same downloaded project but individual ip addresses. This works like it should as two or more individual hmi's. The sm@rt server should in my opinion work the same way but it's cheaper to buy one tp1200 and some thin clients. But what happens when the server panel goes down? All your clients are also going down and nothing works maybe?