Vintage AB Product Conversion to RSView ME

Danocane

I have a PanelView 1200 project that was created using the DOS PDS s/w (2711-ND1). The screen contrast of the PV 1200 is almost lost. The old PV 1200 is connected to a PLC5/25 processor through the RIO comm link. The Data transfers are done using two BTW instructions. I am wanting to convert the PV 1200 *.cfg file and use in a RSView ME runtime application. The HMI I want to use for the converted application will be a PC connected to the DH+ through a KTX card using a RSView ME Station runtime.

I have the PDS (DOS) s/w and PanelBuilder 1400E s/w (ver. V05.15.00, Build 1). I also have RSView Supervisory Edition which includes: RSView Enterprise, RSView Studio and RSview ME station s/w.

I have read that this conversion can be accomplished. I have researched the threads on this site dealing with similar conversions but I still don't fully understand how this is accomplished. I need to convert the *.cfg file to a *.PVC and change the file from an RIO Network type to a DH+ network type. Then open the saved *.PVC file in RSView Studio. The PB 1400E does allow me to open a *.cfg file and save as an *.PVC. The RSView Studio program allows me to import the *.PVC file into RSView ME.

When the *.cfg File is converted in the PB 14000E program it grabs the tags that were created in the PDS (PanelBuilder Development Software). All the addresses remain B03 XX/XX. I can not seem to get the tags to reference the actual integer files that are associated with the PLC 5/25 BTWs.

Has anyone here had any luck with this type of conversion? Can anyone here help direct me through how this conversion is accomplished?

Though this might actually be able to work, I would suggest you start from scratch with the PV+. Because it creates a WinCE application, the internals are different enough from the older PV products that conversion will still leave things that you'll have to go in and edit.

I'm not sure why you want to get involved with the 1400e on this conversion. Seems like a unnecessary step in the conversion process, plus the fact that the 1400e was a ba$tard PV. It was quite a bit different from the main PV line; it had its own software and then that line of products stopped.

As far as tags, check out the "TAGS" category at RA's RSViewME forum. I'm pretty sure you'll see a topic over there relating to what you are trying to do.
http://www.rockwellsoftware.com/forum/rsviewME/categories.cfm?catid=51

Hello jstolaruk,

I will check the Link you posted. The reason for the PB1400e s/w is because the RSView Studio s/w will not open a *.cfg file. According to all the information I have located so far the PB 1400e s/w converts the *.cfg file into a *.pvc file. RSView Studio can open a *.pvc file and convert to a *.mer file that can be used with RSView ME.

I don't mind doing some edits to the RSView conversion file. I just don't understand what edits I need to make to link the converted tags with the actual integer files that are set up with the BTW instructions in the PLC5/25.

Thanx again for the link
Dan