Microbox420PC in profibus network

kea

Hi All,

I am having a problem trying to install a simatic microbox 420 PC with WinCC loaded on it into an existing profibus network in S7-300.
The PC has a field bus connection on it, and I thought it would be just a matter of inserting the device from the catalogue in netpro and assigning a profibus address. The problem is I can not find the microbox in the catalogue and am not sure as to what device i should use and how it should be configured.
Any help would be much appreciated.

microbox1.JPG

Sounds like you need to update your HW config. With the computer connected to the internet, in HW config Under Options select Update Config. It will then connect to Siemens and download all the new stuff they offer. I think in doing this it would update NetPro as well.

What do you think of the Microbox? My local rep has been trying to talk me into one but I thought I would give it a year or so before jumping in.

What do you think of the Microbox? My local rep has been trying to talk me into one but I thought I would give it a year or so before jumping in.[/QUOTE]

i managed to insert the PC via the insert station drop down on the main Simatic page and could select the CP module and configure from there.
We have found the microbox420 to be a nice little unit. It is quite robust as we have it installed in a harsh envrioment for a PC lots of vibration but it works away fine.

JesperMP said:
Just curious. Did you insert a "SIMATIC PC Station" or what ?

I inserted it as a HMI station

By the way, has the irish flag changed lately ?

The Irish flag is still the tri colour. I'm a Kiwi living in Ireland.

To have the Microbox in the catalogue, you need Step7 V5.3 + SP3

I have an other question for you:

When the power gets cut from the Microbox, all the DB's loose their actual values, is there a way to make sure they keep their values?