Toyota plant near Evansville, lN

RussB

Lifetime Supporting Member
A friend is moving and applying for a Technition job in theToyota plant near Evansville, lN. Anyone know what PLCs they use?
Or any other useful info about them as an employer?

Thanks guys...
I will pass this information on.
🍺

This is the first I've heard of Toyopuc but it appears to have been around for a long time and made or owned by the same group that has Koyo, JTEKT

I'm guessing that they have some AB on the older US made equipment?.

Thanks guys...
I will pass this information on.
🍺

This is the first I've heard of Toyopuc but it appears to have been around for a long time and made or owned by the same group that has Koyo, JTEKT

I'm guessing that they have some AB on the older US made equipment?.

When it was first built one of the electricians there told me they were using a lot of AB SLC-500 style PLC's. That was 25 years or so ago. SLC's are probably on the the way out now.

Russb,

As I understand it, this plc is specifically made for Toyota and is a joint venture with Toyota and ???, can't remember their name.
Also, it is their corporate standard, so I can't say about any other plc.

Christoff84, thanks for the correction.

james

I have sold some AB stuff to Princeton IN (Toyota), they buy most of their electrical from Consolidated Electrical (customer also)