Siemens tia help needed

stu

Hi guys
I have an existing program on a tia 1500 plc which has an IP address of 172.16.23.### which is ok and a gateway of 172.16.22.01

But our OEM can not see the machine when they use vpn?? They can see our older machines on s7 -300 (classic ) what my question is in tia there is a setting called online access which has an IP address as 169.***.***.*** what is the online access used for and does it have to have the gateway ip??
Thanks stu

In my experience, it is hit/miss when using VPN to access PLC/HMI with TIA. Some projects I can do anything, other projects I can only access PLC.

Sometimes one has to choose PROFINET, other times ethernet. Sometimes one has to select the VPN interface, other times the regular ethernet interface.

Maybe if you provide more information, someone might be able to offer some more pointers.

I don't know a lot about the TIA side of things, but what's the subnet mask of your PLC?

Your PLC IP address is 172.16.23.### and a gateway of 172.16.22.1

If your PLC has a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, it will not be able to communicate with the gateway and remote access will not work for you regardless of any TIA settings. A subnet mask of 255.255.254.0 will work.

An ip address that starts in 169 may indicate that your Nic is set for dhcp but hasn't been assigned an ip. There's any number of ways that a VPN server might assign ips to clients, but they might need to just manually pick an ip on the same subnet as your machine

Can your OEM ping the machine ?
Can your OEM ping the gateway ?
Did the OEM configure the PLC already ?

The "online access" in TIA shows the interfaces that are awailable in the PC that TIA is installed on. It has nothing to do with the IP addresses on the machine or the gateway.
Maybe you can see the VPN connection in the list of interfaces under "online access". If so, you should possibly select this VPN interface when attempting to go online.

And yes, post a screenshot from the dialog in TIA when attempting to go online via the "extended go online".