Setting limits for input data FT SE

Jim G.

We have a chemical mixing system controlled by Contrologix and display functions by FactoryTalk SE. On one of the process screens there is an actual temperature display and below it is an high temperature alarm setting for a particular grinding mill. The operator has the capability to change the high temperature setting if needed. However, we would like to set a maximum limit that the display will accept. Is this best done in the PLC program or in the FTSE configuration? I am looking for ways this could be done. Thank you for all your help.

I like to do both where I need it constrained(or throw an alarm if its out of range, depends on the process). That way the HMI won't let it be setup OOR normally and the PLC will either notify or 'fix' it if it somehow gets set the other way.

You just set the values on the min and max entries on the connections tab. Either add the values or link to a PLC tag.

Or more commonly, set it to point to a HMI tag, then you can change the values via an engineering screen.