Ladder Logic Help

Glad that you are making progress. There are way too many things controlling the left side of the TON in rung 5. Remove everything and then add only the Open Limit Switch LS1 as XIO. Then the TON will only run when the door is up. This is because the LS is mechanically released at the top only. The Preset values are in tenths of a second so 100 would equal 10 seconds. The timer done (DN) should be able to "push" the SHUT button.

Edit:
You might want to just remove rung 4 for the "Ajar" light.
Also, due to the idiosyncrasy of the Simulator, when editing, I couldn't just simply re-address an instruction for the lights to turn on the output. I had to "Cut" the instruction and put a new one in with the address that I wanted to use.

Last edited:
I think I’ve got pretty much everything working except the automatic close feature. I am not sure how to get that going after 10 seconds. I’ve imolemented the changes to rung 5 but am not having any luck. I’ve been trying to mess with some things but am not getting it to work

I think I’ve got pretty much everything working except the automatic close feature. I am not sure how to get that going after 10 seconds. I’ve imolemented the changes to rung 5 but am not having any luck. I’ve been trying to mess with some things but am not getting it to work

Did you add the timer DN bit so that it can act like the close button?

Post a new screenshot of your file.

You have the DN bit from the timer in front of the timer, it will never turn on.

The DN bit needs to be in the rung for making the door go down.
( IF start-button OR timer-done THEN go down )

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks. It seems to be working pretty good now. I posted a pic just for you to check and make sure I’m not missing anything. Thanks for all the help.

489DBFAF-62BD-49B8-9EC4-9E8E5CDDC5C7.jpg

@NickH21, in Reference to your post #19:

Please re-read the first half of my post #16 with regard to rung 5 and the TON. The timer /DN bit should be "Cut" from rung 5 and "Paste(d) in parallel with the "Close" Input located in rung 1. There are still some problems with rungs 2 and 3 in that the wrong devices are energizing the outputs for the Open and Close lights.

Edit:
@NickH21,
Rung 5 as shown in your post #21 is correct but rung #1 still needs work. In rung 1, all three devices, (the DN bit, the Close Pushbutton, and the seal-in), should be XIC and in parallel by using the main rung and two stacked branches.

Last edited:
@NickH21, in Reference to your post #19:

Please re-read the first half of my post #16 with regard to rung 5 and the TON. The timer /DN bit should be "Cut" from rung 5 and "Paste(d) in parallel with the "Close" Input located in rung 1. There are still some problems with rungs 2 and 3 in that the wrong devices are energizing the outputs for the Open and Close lights.

Edit:
@NickH21,
Rung 5 as shown in your post #21 is correct but rung #1 still needs work. In rung 1, all three devices, (the DN bit, the Close Pushbutton, and the seal-in), should be XIC and in parallel by using the main rung and two stacked branches.

Can you run this and see what you think. Im getting it to work now with this setup.

Can you run this and see what you think. Im getting it to work now with this setup.
The automatic reclosing with the current program setup is working, but, there is a problem if you press the Stop while the door is closing and try to re-start it down manually.
The Open light and Shut light are working correctly. Please review my Edit in post 22 regarding rung 1.