Does any one of the following instructions need sealing?

biffin1123

MAJ, MAM, MAH.

I am pretty new to PLC programming.
I am trying to move a linear actuator when a button is pressed. the conditions are:
it should jog while a button is pressed and held-on, and stop jogging when the button is released.
Move to a position when a button is pressed once and should stop there.
Home when another button is pressed.

I don't have a station to test my code now. So I need to know if all of those works when the button is pressed once.

Yes. I have an axis set up in the motion group. It has connected successfully when I tested it in the lab during my previous lab hour.

All A-B Logix integrated motion instructions, including MAM/MAJ/MAH, are "rising edge triggered".

You do not have to "seal in" the instruction to keep it enabled.

Once a MAJ jog begins, for example, the axis will keep on moving until the position passes a soft or hardware limit, or you issue a MAS stop command or other command to disable the axis.

I always recommend using "Motion Direct Commands" to prove that your servo is properly set up and ready to use, before moving into writing logic.

Thank you. But I have some other question.

1. Does the Actuator has any overtravel faults? (Negative and positive overtravel)

I couldn't find any sub-tags within the axis tag.

Last edited:
It has software overtravel limits. You setup those in the scaling tab of your axis properties.
When it is at limit drive will go to fault and stop.
From top of my head there are some bits you can look at to tell if you are on the limit.

Also if software overtravel are not enough you can connect a hardwired ones. There are dedicated inputs for this depending on the drive type.